Sunday, April 8, 2012

Some Stuff I've Done In The Past, Perhaps Worth Revising.


Most of this is poetry I wrote when I was very young. Some of it not so young. Mainly here so I have a place to look at it and try to make something new.

Bound by many cords
The heart is pulled in five directions
Each rope is held by loved ones
These are important strings
Made of silver, they shine balefully
As the moon's cold light
East, west, south and north
These ties will spin your limbs

The rope made of gold 
Is reserved for the beloved
Give it freely, this one will grow back
Shorter, it is harder to extend
And if severed, it is painful
Even worse to put forth again
Choose its holder carefully

Finally there is line made of diamond
Carbon crystals formed, the rope held by none
This flies to the Divine
Sometimes you cannot see or feel it
Do not doubt its existence
Pull with all your might
Ascend!

--

Today I saw the sky 
Like never seen before 
The giant rolling clouds 
Like some far off distant shore 
The blue vast like the rolling sea 
Such a sight was never meant for me 
The sands and the seas 
Make beautiful harmonies 
Sights and sounds--Nature's song 
All this beauty was never meant for me 
God's beautiful creations 
Objects I don't deserve 
These beautiful creations 
These we must preserve

--

She walks in the night 
Beauty her right 
Tiger's eyes 
Much like fire 
To the left 
To the right 
Something in sight 
In harmony of the night 
Sparks fly 
Tongues lie 
Eyes flash 
Lives crash 
Deception her name 
The lying game 
Beauty's impression 
Leads to depression 
The pit deepens 
A child weeping 

--

A flaming arrow 
Flying 
Piercing flesh 
Eyes like fire 
\Slowly scorched 
The fire spreads 
Through my soul 
Eyes like fire 
\Sparked by words 
Truth quickly ignites 
Yet some will not take it 
Eyes like fire 
\I look 
Surrounded by flames 
Darkness 
Eyes on fire